Tuesday, March 09, 2010

To buy or not to buy, and what to buy.

So, here I am typing on my Mac desktop with this awesome new software that I received from Macheist. Particularily this MacJournal I’m quite excited about as it will allow me to track my thoughts, and easily blog them when I so desire. ANYWAY this post is about what to purchase.

You see, I’ve been a pretty hardcore Mac fan for a little while now, and I’ve had no end of Joy from my 24Inch Core2Duo Mac. But now I’m married, and so I don’t get sole use of the Mac, and sometimes my lover and I are in a bit of contention about who gets to use it. So we are considering adding a new computer to the house, but what to do! Mac or not?

Well, my thoughts are that it doesn’t make sense for us to have two Mac’s because with our price range of 1500 dollars we’d probably default to doing everything media oriented on the iMac anyway because of it’s screen and more powerful processor. So that means that a macbook would just be a glorified typewriter for us. So I’ve been looking at what a person can get for 1500 dollars in the Windows world. This is what I’ve found, and what were going to be looking at getting in the near future.


The ASUS G51Jx-X1
The Big PRO’S to this computer are an i7 quad core processer, the Nvidia GTS360M Graphics, and the 1920x1080 screen resolution. What does all this mean in laymen terms? It means that it’s got enough grunt to play any video game on the market, enough processor to multi task up the wazoo, and a good enough screen to watch high definition shows on the go. Add to that some neat features like a backlit keyboard, and multi-touch trackpad and I’m having a hard time looking towards the Mac-tops and the 13inch macbook pro that you can get for the same price and... well theres really no comparison.

But what of the Mac. Will I miss ‘mail’ to much, or this new macJournal program? Being able to squeeze my mouse to navigate between windows, or time machine for easy backups. Perhaps most of all I’ll actually have to worry about virus’ and when I get an iphone it just won’t sync quite the same.

Anyway that’s what’s been going through my head in terms of where to spend some $’s these days. Plus this little entry is a great chance to test out macJOURNAL.
Drew~

No comments: