Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 10 - Final Day

So Pamela and I have made it to day 10. Only 5 more glasses of the lemon juice concoction and then onto orange juice for two days followed by raw fruit and salad for a day before being allowed things like Pita's, Burgers, Milk! I'm so excited!

However I worked out again this morning and haven't felt hungry for a few days. Still not sleeping fantastic we'll see if that gets better when I get back into solid foods.

Point of interest - the longer the mix sits the hotter the cayenne becomes. Last night I went over to a buddies so I pre-mixed some lemonade and threw it in a water bottle. When it came to drinking it 3 hours later I felt like the cayenne was going to burrow out the back of my head! It's unavoidable, but something to prepare yourself for if you do this.

Final Results as of this morning for inches and weight lost...
Weight: 14 pounds
Waist: 5 inches
Hips: 3 inches
Chest: 3.5 inches
Legs: 3 inches
Butt: 3 inches
So it definitely works as a reduction cleanse.

Overall it's been a good experience, although one I won't be doing again for quite some time... :)

Pamela and I have been doing Menu Planning for the last week or so, drooling over foods we want, and trying to find a way of reducing our monthly food costs, eat out less often, and have healthy variety in our home. The idea is to try and get almost 2 weeks worth of menu planning done and that way shopping is less random :)

In order to track our health as well Pamela and I are going to continue to track our weight after the cleanse, and as of tomorrow are starting a 3 day regimen to come back onto solid foods. This means that tomorrow and the next day we will be drinking several glasses of Pure orange juice. The third day we will have the OJ for breakfast, raw fruit for lunch, and raw fruit OR salad for supper (we're assuming not covered in ranch) Now if at any point our body rejects this we are supposed to go back on the cleanse for a few days... we would not be pleased!

So in the end it's been a neat experience, never thought I could do a liquid diet for this long, but there it is. I feel like I've become more aware of my body, I feel better, and I'm really jazzed about this as a kick off to a healthier lifestyle. What truly prompted this for me was wake-boarding this summer. I just felt like it should have been easier, but with the shape I was in it just couldn't be. I just don't want unhealthiness to get in the way of things that I want to do.

In other news...
Still no word from visions.
Spore is the coolest game on the whole dang planet.
I need to get Leopard for my mac!

No comments: