Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 7

Well, it's approximately 3 days until we can start to come off of the cleanse, which in and of itself is a 5 day process starting with Orange Juice, Veggie Broth, and a few other things in order to keep a person from shocking their system to bad.

That being said I'm feeling really good for day 7 and so if we end up having to go over 10 days due to our tongues not clearing up or our desire to continue to cleanse as a way of reducing weight. However having lost over 10 pounds now and 4 inches to my waist I can say that I'm feeling quite good and my desire for real sustenance again may just outweigh my desire to lose more weight. I suppose what's really become clear to me is a)how much unreasonable food I do eat, and b)how little the body actually needs to sustain itself. IT seems to me that I can eat quite reservedly and still be getting myself the equivalent of nutrition 12 tablespoons of lemon juice and Maple Syrup.

Still have that burn in the back of my throat a little bit but it's not so severe now, still losing a lot of waste when I do the flush in the morning, and it feels as though my stomach has shrunk substantially as I am having a hard time downing the litre of salt water in the morning now.

My parents are coming over today and so it may be the first time that Pamela and I are exposed to a temptation to break the fast, but given where we are at, even if we wanted to quit we should probably do a slow ease back into food for fear of shocking our systems to badly.

It's been good, but at this point I do'nt feel like I ever want to do it again! But after seeing all the benefits I'd be willing to give it another go I think. They say that at the beginning of the cleanse that you should pump yourself up for it, and being mentally prepared for this is definitely the key to success!

No comments: