Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 5 of the master cleanse

This morning I'm at 9 pounds lost, 2.5 inches from my waist, 3 inches from hips, 2 inches of chest and 2 inches of legs. So as far as a reduction cleanse I'm believing in this.

I did Tae-Bo again today which got me sweating, probably one of the most amazing things is that I have more than enough energy to work out, despite the fact that neither Pamela nor I have been sleeping well the last few nights. We're not sure if it's a result of the cleanse but we've both had dreams and nightmares.

Yesterday I was noticing that for about half of the day I had a burning deep in my throat. Now I've never had heart burn, but I would describe this as 'adams-apple' burn or just above. Also this morning even though I drank 8 litres of water yesterday I was definitely not peeing pale this morning. I have no doubt that I'm ditching toxins like mad... which is good b/c my last two jobs involved Asbestos and McDonalds food...

Still waiting for a reply from Visions, Dropped off the stuff and the hiring manager wasn't there so I'm going to call in today and see where things are at.

Pamela and i came to the conclusion that the Master Cleanse is definitely an 'anti-social' cleanse. But that's only because it seems that most of the social events that we participate in involve food. Whether it's watching a movie with popcorn, sneaking jujubes into the theatre, going out for coffee and desert or playing board games. 

I'm not gonna lie but I'm craving foods like crazy, but it's not for hunger, but rather I miss the texture of food, the social aspects of food, the taste of food. So we've decided that we NEED to have a Steak at the Keg when we're done this with the stuffed potato and baseball sirloin with the three cheese sauce. We also NEED to have Pita Pit, and a taco salad from Cheescake. I've been craving greek but Pamela's not into that, and a friend was bugging me about how she went for a Sushi lunch. :(

So day 5 marks the halfway point for the minimum amount of days that you can do the cleanse. However if on day 10 you find that your tongue is still coated then you should continue. As well I'm torn because between this and tae-bo I'm on a good road to my goal weight and so I'm debating whether I should stay on it until I've reached that weight, which at the current rate will not take up to the maximum 40 days... We'll see how we're feeling. I think that we'll both have to quit at the same time or it may become to difficult for one to stay on it...

No comments: